“We find everyone in the group to be professional,
responsive, and knowledgeable..."
“We have enjoyed our partnership with The Booth Company over the past several years,” said Lee
Klepinger, president of Impact Achievement Group. “We find everyone in the group to be professional,
responsive, and knowledgeable. Their support and cooperation, plus positive attitude, deliver on
what a true partnership promises.”
- Lee Klepinger, president of Impact Achievement Group
Impact Achievement Group is a training and performance management consulting company. Based in
Redmond, Washington, the company offers services in leadership and management development,
customer loyalty, coaching, assessments, and succession planning.
One of Impact Achievement Group’s key clients, a large grocery chain, wanted to transition from paper to web-based assessments.
The grocery chain employees have limited access to computers and many are without a work e-mail address. Without
individual e-mail addresses, the web-based assessment process doesn’t lend itself well to survey administration,
distribution, and rater anonymity. TBC needed to develop a customized solution that:
- Efficiently distributed web-based surveys to employees without their own personal computers and email addresses at work
- Maintained rater anonymity and protected confidential data
TBC created a unique solution for the industry, known as the “kiosk method”, for administering web-based assessments
in a retail (or manufacturing) environment, where computers are limited and work e-mail addresses are not available.
This creative method provided Impact Achievement Group and its client:
- Ability for participants to distribute surveys to their raters without the use of e-mail addresses
- Capability to take the surveys from as little as one computer in the workplace and still maintain rater anonymity and confidentiality
This solution was provided on time and under budget. And since implementing the kiosk method, the grocery chain has
experienced a very high return rate in completed assessments. Ultimately, this solution allowed store managers to
receive critical feedback on their skills, in an environment that is efficient, and without sacrificing data integrity.